The 2014 Technovation season kicked off in Minnesota and we are pleased to announce that we have 18 Minnesota teams, 78 girls, competing in the global challenge.
The Global Technovation Challenge is a technology entrepreneurship program and competition for young women. Through an intensive 3-month, 50-hour curriculum, teams of young women work together to imagine, design, and develop mobile apps, then pitch their “startup” businesses to investors.
Technovation puts a purpose behind programming. The 2014 program theme challenges young women to develop an app to solve a real problem in their community. Girls can create an app that addresses a teen issue, women’s issue or create an app for a non-profit.
We are extremely happy to welcome the following Minnesota teams:
- #WVRCodeGirls from Weaver Lake Elementary
- S.O.C.K. from Minnetonka Middle School East (MME)
- Planet Savers from Minnetonka Middle School East (MME)
- Minions from Minnetonka Middle School East (MME)
- 7 Musketeers Babies from Laura Jeffrey Academy
- 7 Musketeers from Laura Jeffrey
- Tech Leopards from Laura Jeffrey Academy
- French Toast Mafia from Laura Jeffrey Academy
- Burnsville Tech from Burnsville High School
- CAMM’s Closet from Minnetonka Middle School East (MME)
- Fierce Five from Minnetonka Middle School East (MME)
- LA2 from Minnetonka Middle School East (MME)
- Avalon Middle School 1 from Avalon School
- Avalon Middle School 2 from Avalon School
- Calibrating from Great River School
- Talk Nerdy to Me from Great River School
- VS from Great River School
- Sapphire Stars from Como High School
Join us at our upcoming Appapalooza on 4/27 to celebrate the completion of the challenge and to hear the girls pitch their “startup” businesses.