Guest post by Jean Weiss, Technovation[MN] Board Member
2015 is a big year for Technovation[MN]! We’ve exceeded even our own ambitious expectations. We have more coaches, mentors, and students than can fit into a minivan (or 40). Our teams stretch far and wide across the Twin Cities, the suburbs and into Rochester. Here are this year’s stats so far (drum roll, please!):
• 90+ mentors from organizations that range from start-ups, to small and mid sized companies, to some of our biggest corporations like Target, Mayo Clinic and IBM
• 25 schools participating with 32 parent and teacher coaches
• 40 teams (31 middle school and 9 high school)
• 150+ excited students who want to learn to be entrepreneurs and technologists
• Almost 10,000 hours of work on new apps to improve our world
• And many parents, grandparents, siblings, school administrators, and corporate sponsors cheering on these fantastic teams
How does that compare to our first Technovation[MN] year? It’s a ginormous explosion of activity! Just one year ago, we had 15 mentors and coaches, 5 schools and 11 teams with about 40 students.
So three cheers for all of the Technovation[MN] participants! Coming in May is our fun and inspiring Appapalooza where you can see the results of all this innovative activity.